Monday, October 5, 2009

Musical Movie Review - The Phantom of the Opera

The Phantom of the Opera, directed by Joel Schumacher, is based upon the novel “Le Fantome De L’Opera” by Gaston Leroux. It was originally produced for the stage by Andrew Lloyd Webber.

The Phantom of the Opera basically talks about a complicated love relationship between the Opera Ghost (Gerard Butler), Christine Daae (Emmy Rossum) and Raoul Chagny (Patrick Wilson). The setting of the movie takes place at the Paris Opera House during the late nineteenth century.

The mesmerising music by Andrew Lloyd Webber has enhanced this movie. Moreover, the superb singing skills by the three lead actors and actress really brought life to it. Every songs in this movie is impressive. The Phantom of the Opera was nominated for the 77th Annual Academy Awards and the 62nd Annual Golden Globe Awards. It is regarded as one of the best movies in 2004.



My favourite song and scene of the movie ^.^ (All I Ask of You)

5 comments:

  1. i like it also, is very good music and sweet scene~!!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is excellent work - you really are linking ideas well and constructing some complex sentences with appropriate language and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've watched this movie so many times and I really love Christine's voice. She has voice of an angel! The soundtrack of this movie is so fantastic and sometimes very dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the actress, do you know she is the actress of "the day after tomorrow"? at that time, i like her so much, then after the phomtom of the opera, haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. As many of Musicals lovers I LOVE the Phantom of the Opera! It is my favourite ever... Last year I’ve been in NY & I tried to get my ticket …guess what everything was sold out that show how great the show is. Anyhow I end up getting it from a site through Casatickets.com. Next week I’m going to visit my sister and I just got some pretty good tix from the same place

    http://www.casatickets.com/phantom-of-the-opera-tickets/

    So I'll be analyzing as well as enjoying the show.

    ReplyDelete